Rafferty & Llewellyn and Casey & Catt humorous crime series.



Thursday 30 September 2010

Sod's Law Rules

Ever have one of those days when everything you touch goes wrong? I've had three of them on the trot. I tried to download some music to put on my third video. Would the music go in the shopping cart? Would it heck! Every time I tried, I got thrown off the site. Turned out it was a problem with the Java script and their techie was able to do a small alteration to the programming to set things right.

Then I tried to add exact amazon links to the individual books on my website. I had trouble with this, as well. I had these individual links once, but then I changed my website software and they disappeared; though I didn't realize this for ages. And then when I tried to do the links I found I'd forgotten how to do it... Anyway, I have finally discovered that I shouldn't copy and paste all of amazon's code for a book, but only the bit from http to the end of my individual reference. Of course, there's no mention of this on amazon associates' website.

Before that I sent a signed contract to America for converting my ebook for use on iPad, iPhone, etc (it's already up on kindle), only to discover when I emailed them several weeks later after not hearing anything, that they hadn't received my letter. Then I tried to scan the contract. Would my scanner work? No, it would not. So I downloaded various drivers from the net. It still wouldn't work. So then I thought I'd photograph the darn thing, which I did. Would the email with attachments send? You guessed it. The computer just kept telling me that due to 'technical problems' my email hadn't gone. So it was back to snail mail for a second attempt.

Anyway, I've got my website book links properly set up now. The music is on my video and ready to upload once Dead Before Morning is converted from its Amstrad disc, edited and proofread. And the American contract is in the post.

I'm glad this week's nearly over. Next week must be better. Mustn't it?

1 comment:

Kim Slater said...

You're such a techie Geraldine! I can't believe all the stuff you do yourself...well done, got there eventually, eh?! ;-)