Rafferty & Llewellyn and Casey & Catt humorous crime series.



Wednesday 6 April 2011

BESTSELLER STATUS? OR NOT?


Well , I don't know. Confused or what? I proudly boasted in my last post about being on Kindle's Bestseller List. and I was. But I'm now wondering if these lists actually have anything to do with sales.
According to my own data, Down Among the Dead Men is currently selling poorly, yet according to kindle's Bestseller List, it's selling better than my other two, who both  trail DADM. Yet Dead before Morning has always been my bestseller according to amazon's KDP accounting and Death Line, which was published on 20 March, is a better seller in April than DADM. What am I to make of this?

Are the Bestseller Lists so much hogwash and do they periodically switch the Lists around so as to give every author a taste of Bestseller status? Was it Buggin's Turn when mine featured on the List?
 
I wish I knew. Any comments if you have experience of this would be gratefully received.

No comments: