Rafferty & Llewellyn and Casey & Catt humorous crime series.



Tuesday 22 March 2011

DEATH LINE PUBLISHED WITH TRAILER

Well, it's now up on kindle, minus the cover at the moment, as I received this after the book content. But that will adorn the book shortly. But what I've done differently with this one is to embed my trailer into the actual book. How advanced is that? Needless to say, I wasn't responsible for it - I just asked and it was done by my lovely ebook formatters hitch@Q.com and her staff.

Here's the trailer:

Hitch thinks it's a hoot, but she may be biased!

Have any of you embedded a trailer in an ebook? I have to admit this is a new concept for me. I'm still gobsmacked about the whole ebook revolution. It seems like some sort of miracle to an ignored midlister like me. Now we can perform on something like a level playing field with the bestsellers.

I love being able to set my own price, decide on my own cover and control what extras are put in the book. For the next one, I think, as well as an embedded  trailer, I'll probably put the first chapter of Absolute Poison, the next in my Rafferty & Llewellyn mystery series.

How about you? What plans do you have in this mad ebook world? Going to bring out an anthology of your short stories? Or your writing tips articles? Admittedly, with the latter, you can't begin to compare to the king of tips, J A Konrath and his Newbie's Guide to Publishing (see Blog List at right). This thousand-page book, made up of countless blogs about the publishing industry and marketing and epublishing, is a phenomenon. It helped to persuade me to join the revolution. I'm glad I did: by the time I publish Absolute Poison, I should be earning £400 a month. Maybe more, as it's said that the greater the number of books up on kindle, the better the all-round sales. We'll see. But I'm not complaining. How about you? And if you've yet to join the revolution, you could do worse than buy Konrath's Guide. You've nothing to lose and maybe everything to gain. I think it's the best advice book I've ever bought.

No comments: